Most of you don’t live in St. Louis so you wouldn’t know that picked the hottest summer in 40+ years to be pregnant in which has been miserable. What’s it’s caused me to do though is buy nothing but dresses to wear. So while I’m loving the cool down, I’m praying that I’ll be able to make these dresses and the 3 pairs of pants that I have work for the remainder of this pregnancy. I refuse to buy any more maternity clothes. I’ve resorted to wearing S’s shorts to bed and don’t even get me started on what I wear to the gym. I feel bad for everyone around me. They don’t make workout shirts long enough to cover a soccer ball of a stomach. Every time I lift my arms, it looks like a partial solar eclipse.
Yesterday was a long day at work 6:30 A.M. till 5:00 A.M. so a trip to the gym just wasn’t in the cards but the weather was so nice I decided to take zoey to the park The problem is this is always a gamble of an activity since she’s not very good with other dogs, every time we encounter one, she usually goes nuts. On the way to the park, we had a little chat where I explained to her that I would not be able to tolerate her antics. That I would try to avoid the other dogs but if we were close to you, she’d have to play it cool. The park we go to is about a mile around dogs area always plentiful. I was surprised to realize after we passed dog number 2, she wasn’t even really looking at them, which is a HUGE deviation from normal walks. Therefore we had a pleasant lap and I thank her for that. As we were walking I started thinking about running and in the time it takes me to walk this park once, I could have finished 2 1/2 laps running. Then I started remember the early posts where I’d explain what I was thinking about during that time. So I thought I’d try remembering what I thought about yesterday:
1. First Two Minutes – Wow Zoey, poop already? You must be excited to be here.
2. Minute 5 – Uh oh, dog number one. Hold on tight. This is going to get ugly.
3. Minute 6 – Huh, maybe she didn’t see the large husky we just passed.
4. Minute 10 – It’s getting dark and I’m just half way around this park. I guess I’m not getting two laps in tonight.
5. Minute 13 – Dog 2 – German Shepard. This one will be bad. That first dog encounter was a fluke.
6. Minute 14 – Oh my gosh! I’ve been blessed with a well behaved dog, even if just for a few minutes. I’ll take it!
7. Minute 17 – Well, here we are. It’s dark so I guess we’re headed home. Oh well, it was good to get a little bit in tonight.
See how much more boring I am when I have to walk?! It’s a good thing I have a date with the stair machine tonight. The only thing I can think about on that thing is not falling off!