Remember, once a year, in elementary school when you would take the “President’s Challenge”? Oh, come on, you remember…the shuttle run, sit ups, touch your toes? Then the teacher would tell you how you did compared to the rankings developed by our friends in federal government.
For some reason, I started thinking about it last week and I wondered how would I do if I took that test now. How would you do? The original test called for the following tasks:
- Shuttle Run
- Validate that you’re in good health
- Take the test
- Write down your results
- Take 3 weeks to train (focus on the areas you were weakest in)
- Retake the test
- Endurance: 1 Mile Walk or Run
- Upper Body Strength: Push-ups (Do as many as you can in 1 minute)
- Core Strength: Plank (Hold one plank for as long as you can)
- Lower Body Strength: Wall Sits (Hold the position as long as you can)
- Flexibility: (sitting, legs out in front, how far can you reach?)
- Optional: Agility: Shuttle Run: Establish two points run back and forth as many times as you can in 1 Minute
So what do you think? Up for the challenge? Here’s what I’m proposing..
I’ll keep track of those that have said they’re going to join us.
In three weeks (on 07/09) , we’ll pick a winner, at random, of all those that have commented on this post saying they are participating. That person will win an amazing pair of shoes, of their choice from http://takeitrunning.com/
We kicked this off on Fox 2 this morning! Check it out! How Fit Are You?
Are you ready? let’s go!!