I have pregnancy on the brain lately. I guess that’s because I’m 25 weeks along and thinking about all there is to do. Either way, you are benefiting from some of that because all week long I’ve been teaming up with other FitFluential Moms-to-be to do some fantastic giveaways geared to helping you stay in shape during your pregnancy and have a Fit Pregnancy!
- Amanda over at Fit Pregnancy and Parenting and I are jointly giving away an ENTIRE outfit (Tank and bottoms) from For Two Fitness, a stylish maternity fitness apparel line.
- Molly from Miss Molly Motivates is giving away a Prenatal Yoga DVD
Coming up in the next week:
- Amanda will be reviewing and giving-away a healthy eCookBook for busy moms AND a one hour consultation from New Leaf Wellness,
- Jess from Blonde Ponytail Fitness will be giving-away products from GNC and Reebok.
- I will be giving away a one year’s subscription to FitPregnancy (or Shape Magazine).
So much going on!
But I wanted to answer a question that I’m getting a lot right now because I think it’s important. The question is essentially
“How are you staying fit during your pregnancy?”
The answer is basically the same way I was before I got pregnant: Running (when I can), Alternative cardio (elliptical, stair machine, treadmill) and of course, weight training.
In fact, being pregnant means you don’t necessarily have to lift a lot of extra weight. You are carrying the weight with you. Why not use it to your advantage. Your body weight and gravity are your best friends right now.
To show you what I mean, I wanted to give you an example of one of the workouts I’ve been doing. I basically let my belly be the weight so no real weights needed. Always check with your doctor first but working out while pregnant is a great thing!
- Twitter – @momslrb
- Instagram – Momslrb
- Facebook – Mom’s Little Running Buddy
- Pinterest – Katie McFarland