When working out just ain’t what it use to be.. At 36 1/2 weeks, I get about 20 min 2-3 times a week of cardio in some weights and that’s about it. Not ideal but quite frankly, I’m just tired so the workouts are suffering.
It’s times like these though that reminds me just how much mental relief comes from working out as well. It’s crazy, just because my body isn’t ready to get up and go doesn’t mean my mind isn’t. I feel restless, and out of sorts to say the least.
My mind is definitely still running at pre-pregnancy speeds, even though my body is not. That means that I have to find an outlet for all this extra brain power.
The first option would be to focus more on my MBA classes. Haha! I say to that. Sadly, no. I’m still doing what I need to but definitely not over exerting myself to learn more about outsourcing or doing business in China. I know it’s crazy but that just doesn’t interest me a lot right now.
The second option and the one I’ve chosen to focus my efforts..NESTING. I’ve been showing you glimpses into Baby Nuunies nursery, (pillows) which is far from done. I promise to show a finished product soon but I still need to:
- Line the curtains and hang (more sewing, yeah),
- Get the Glider cushions recovered (I will not be doing this myself. Too complicated)
- Purchase, sand, paint side table for next to glider. I found the one I want on Craig’s list, now I just need to buy it for $9 and paint it.
- Family Room: We are most likely going to be putting our third color up on the walls soon but also bringing in a couple new pieces of furniture to hide all the exponentially mounting stuff that comes with kids.
- Back Patio: I haven’t started anything with this just yet but I know, that I’ll be out there a lot on maternity leave with E so I want it to be comfortable out there. So I’m scouring for new (or new to me) patio furniture, new ideas for potted plants, shade, etc.
So while you all are out sweating up a storm, achieving your fitness goals, which I LOVE reading about, I’m achieving my DIY, Wanna Be Crafter goals and I’m content.
I love being busy and knowing that I’ll get to enjoy the fruits of my labor for 8 straight weeks makes me that much more excited. So that’s my “other side”
What are you doing outside of fitness right now?