So, I can’t say I’m a full convert but I have definitely changed my view on morning workouts.
What changed exactly? Necessity, plain and simple.
You would think that with school out of the way, I would have PLENTY of time to workout and live the rest of my life but sadly, that is not the case.
For some strange reason, life has gotten crazier, and most of that “crazy” happens right during the time I’m usually trying to workout. After about a two week stint of not getting my workouts in, I decided:
enough is enough…
It was time to decide just how passionate I was about staying fit and recommit, which is what my “No New Year’s Resolution” post was basically saying.
Stop waiting and start doing!
So I did. I have been getting up. I have been running and I have been LOVING EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT.
I really never thought I would utter those words.
- I love the fact that it’s dark and I’m the only one on the trail.
- I love the fact that I can look up and see the stars
- I love that it’s cold and quiet and I can see and hear my own breath
I had NO idea that I could love like this. Every ounce of me wanted to NEVER be a morning person. I can’t say that I’m going to do it everyday but when the situation necessitates it, I can honestly say, I’ll be able to make the adjustment.
But there have been some unintended effects of my newly found morning workout obsession. Many of you morning people will read these and say “Well duh” but remember, I’m new at this.
- I get to work a little earlier. Weird huh? I guess because when I’m done running I just get busy getting ready for work. On mornings when I don’t run, I’m a little slower getting ready.
- I really want to cut my hair off. This is probably the only real negative. I have to now wash my hair in the AM and getting it all dry and looking presentable for work is a challenge. So every morning I think about chopping it.
- I need caffeine at 2:30. I love the high I feel knowing that my workout is over but I do notice my energy start trailing a little in the afternoon.
- Earlier bed times. Right now, it’s 9:30 and I can tell you, as soon as this post is done, the lights are going off and I’m going to sleep and that’s ok.
- More productive. I think it’s the runners high making it’s way into the rest of my life which is awesome. I use to hate early AM meetings but now, I don’t mind at all.
So I’m excited again. I’ve kicked my rut to the curb, I’m back at it and it feels fabulous! I’m loving my morning routine.
When do you work out? What’s the best part about working out then?
Happy Friday! Oh and GO CARDS!!