In the last episode of the 2013 recap, we had a baby, ran the best race of my life and became a triathlete again…so what could possibly be left?! Well, let’s see as we review August through December.
- The biggest event of this month is graduation. Finally, after two years, I can say that I have a Masters in Business. It wasn’t easy but looking back, well worth it.
- I also managed to get a stroller workout designed for you and your little ones which I got to share on TV here in STL.
- The majority of September I spent adjusting to life without school. Up till now, I had a pretty good routine down everyday and had learned to live off very little sleep. My study time was always after the kids went to bed which meant I was up till about midnight every night studying. Believe it or not it was that same sort of adjustment that you have to do after training for a marathon.
- In my quest to break out of my funk, I also started varying my workouts and reintroducing some of my favorite moves. Push-ups
- MiniE turned 6 Months old.
- October in STL was so exciting this year because our favorite baseball team made it into the World Series and another TV appearance to discuss how to stay motivated in this month.
- I also found myself getting up to do morning workouts. Turns out I loved running in the brisk early October air.
- I also did my first business trip away from the kids since MiniE was born.
- MiniE turned 7 months old.
- S and I also celebrated our 5 year anniversary with a trip to NYC. It was a great trip full of sight seeing and blogger meet ups. Part 1 & Part 2
- I also started thinking about what 2014 would include.
- Well, the month isn’t over yet but it’s been full of happy and sad moments.
- I officially had to stop breastfeeding. This wasn’t really my decision. My body made it for me and it’s a little sad to think I’ll never do it again.
- It was counteracted by the Christmas season. I never imagined how much fun Christmas would be with kids but at this age, every day leading up to Christmas has been a blast, magical even.
- I also investigated the crazy heart rate I was experiencing. With a family of heart disease, I knew I needed to know it was safe before I started intense training next year.
- I also got to spend more time in the gym, which I loved. I seem to have forgotten how life in the gym can take me back to basics .
So there it is. The entire year. Busy as it was, I wouldn’t have it any other way. But as 2013 comes to an end, I can’t help but feel grateful for everything..from a blog perspective, I got to meet new friends and build relationships. From a personal perspective, my family grew and I made it through my last go round with education.
2014 will bring more challenges but also hopefully, more opportunities but only if I create them (opportunities that is). I have big dreams and big goals. So let’s get going…there’s lots of work to do.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
Check out my instagram for my year in 15 seconds. 🙂