We all have one, a list. The list of races that you would LOVE to run and hopefully will at some point. With the NYC Marathon Lottery right around the corner, I have been thinking a lot about what races are on my race list.
It’s a mix of distances and locations. I’m hoping at some point to hit all these races.
1. NYC Marathon – You won’t find many full marathons on my list but this one definitely is there. I had the opportunity to do some running on my own in NYC in November and fell in love instantly. There is so much to see there and I love exploring a city by foot. I’m pretty sure 26.2 would go by pretty quickly here. I’ve signed up for the lottery. Fingers crossed.
2. Nike Women’s Marathon San Francisco – The Nike Race Series has quickly caught my attention and while I would love to run DC, San Fran has the allure of the Tiffany Medals, the Firefighters in Tuxes and oh yea, the amazing scenery.
3. Runner’s World Heartbreak Hill – This is challenge, which I would love to try and Boston is a fabulous place to run and play. Runner’s World, I’m sure, will host a top notch race. 5K, 10K and Half Marathon would sure be tough but I’m definitely up for the challenge.
4. Key West Half Marathon – Because who doesn’t want to run on Key West in January?!
5. Big Sur Half Marathon – This one is all about the scenery. 13.1 along the coast? Yes please!
6. Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon – Bringing two of my favorite things together oh yeah and do it under the stars through some of the Disney Parks? I might not be super creative with the costume thing but I would love every stride and it’s my birthday weekend so what a way to celebrate.
7. Rock ‘n’ Roll Series Cali Combo – San Diego, LA and San Fran. I have a love affair with Cali can you tell? But racing all three of these means a little extra hardware for your efforts.
8. SeaWheeze – I will do at least one race in Canada and correct me if I’m wrong Canada friends but Vancouver in August sounds amazing. I’ve heard nothing but great things about this race.
9. Rock ‘n’ Roll Dublin – Running across the pond is DEFINITELY on the list and going to Dublin would be amazing. The Hubs and I will make our way over there at some point.
I’m sure I’ve left a few off but those are the ones that come to mind. So I really want to know…
what races are on your bucket list? What runs do I need to add to this list?
Check out: 5 Factors When Selecting A Race