So there’s something great going on in St. Louis right now and it’s all because of Alive Magazine. For the month of July, Alive introduced us to an awesome challenge…#31DaysOfMovement. Sounds like something right up our alley right?
During the month of July, Alive Magazine will be giving daily fitness tips, clean eating ideas, and more! They will also be giving away all kinds of cool stuff all month! What do you have to do? Let’s start with a challenge to make July your month! Make healthy choices, sleep more and move!
You can also check out Alive Magazine’s new healthy blog: Be Well STL for more fun.
There are so many ways to get moving and with the weather pretty mild around here according to St. Louis standards, I thought I would share 5 tips for taking your workout outdoors as well as some amazing workouts!
1. Plan to plan – Going outside is fabulous. There are literally a ton of options for getting your workout on. What you need to do is decide that you want to stick to a workout or just go with it! Below I’ve listed some of my favorite workouts from some of my fabulously fit friends but you can also check out my workouts page for more workouts you can do outdoors.
2. The more the merrier – The more people you can get moving with you the more moving you’ll do! Take your kids, play tag, challenge them to a game!
3. Be prepared – Remember back in January when we were all dreaming of warmer weather? Well, it’s here and with it comes the need to stay protected and hydrated. Sunscreen and water are your best friends in July!
4. Get creative – You don’t need fancy equipment! You need monkey bars, an open field or even a curb to get a workout in!
5. Have fun – The only way you will stick to a healthy lifestyle is if it motivates you, energizes you and makes you feel good. Don’t take your workouts to seriously!
Here are some other workouts thanks to this fabulous group of ladies!
- Tamara – FitKnitChick – Staircase Circuit
- Lindsay – The Lean Green Bean – The Diamond Workout
- Rachel – Running Rachel – Fitness Fun Park
- Lindsay – Itz Linz – Poolside Workout
That should be enough to get you started! I’ll have more workouts and tips all month long!
What’s your favorite way to get moving outside? What tips do you have for beating the summer heat?
I teamed up with ALIVE Magazine to bring you this post.