A little while back Angela over at HappyFitMama introduced us to her top 10 runner problems and of course, I could relate. It also got me thinking..
What were my top runner problems?
Then without even batting an eye, the problems started flowing. Like someone removed the damn or something. So lets just see how many you can relate to.
1. Seriously debating if I can wear compression socks under my skirt to church…if you’re like me, you get your long runs out of the way first thing Saturday or Sunday morning. For me, it’s usually Sunday which means that it’s usually followed by 10:30 mass. I leave my compression socks on as long as possible and seriously debate just putting on some sandals and wearing them to church. If I didn’t think I would get an excessive amount of strange looks, I would be all over it.
2. Runner’s Hair at work…I’ve talked about my disdain for morning workouts before. I have ZERO discipline for getting up early but every now and then I get my but up and get it done before work which sounds like the perfect thing but then I’m stuck wearing my hair in a bun to work which may not sound like the worst thing ever but it’s not the most professional look and that matters in my world.
3. Excessive Washing…not just laundry because we know that all of our dirty clothes are really just our running gear. For me most of the time, I know it’s time to do laundry when I run out of running socks. I have enough pairs to get me through the week but by Saturday I’m just barely getting by. I have to go to my second tier socks sometimes.
4. Excessive Washing…yeah, I said it twice because this time of year it’s not just a lot of laundry I’m doing it’s a lot of waterbottles. The lower rack of my dishwasher looks like a Nuun warehouse. The bottles runeth over. 🙂
5. GPS Watch Tan Lines…I try to cover them up but secretly I’m proud of the random shapes you can see on my wrist at any given time.
6. Route Rut…I love me some Grant’s Trail but I yearn for new routes, new distances. I always try to make my long runs more exciting by creating a new route, and most of the time I know the general area but sometimes I plan it out and find out that there are no sidewalks or that the ones that are there are covered or hazardous at best. Oh the joys!
7. Outfit Selection…Picking out race day gear is at tough as picking my work outfits some days. Depending on the distance and the day, the gear combo could vary greatly.
8. Freedom…this is really a mother runner issue but there are times and days, don’t hate me for saying this, when I really do just want to head out. My little munchkins prohibit that form happening and most of the time I’m cool with it but every now and then the urge to run rises and I can’t satisfy it right away.
9. Trying to get the perfect run shot when no one is around…you know you do it! You’ve just had the most amazing run and you want to remember it so you try to get the shot that captures the motivation, the desire you had and if that means putting your phone in a tree with a five second timer..so be it!
10. Gear overload…sometimes I feel like such a weirdo when I run. I run with a GPS watch, heart rate monitor, sunglasses, Road ID, phone, headphones, waterbottle, and visor oh and don’t forget GU for those REALLY long runs. As I’m walking out the door sometimes, I think S must just be rolling his eyes at me. It’s bad when even I notices it’s out of control.
Ok, so there you have it.
How many made you nod your head? What are your runner problems?