I love you! Why do we look so forward to the weekends? I mean it’s just another day right? WRONG! Friday’s mean two days of no alarms, even though I should get up and run before the triple digit temps set in. Here’s a few of my favorite pics from the week.
1. Life has been pretty unpleasant around here lately. St. Louis is struggling and it’s weighed on me pretty heavily. So even running I felt distracted, like it wasn’t the right thing to be doing at the time but sometimes you get little signs that make you think and that’s exactly what happened on this run. It was a reminder that we need to turn a corner. As a community we need to support and grieve but we need to figure out how to move beyond and become stronger. I need to learn to focus on the things I can change and move ahead. I know, it might seem sort of heavy for a run through the woods but that’s what some runs are for me.
2. (Upper right) These boys crack me up. I see E trying so hard to be like daddy and I laugh because they are more alike than either cares to admit. They did this completely on their own, and it wasn’t till I showed them the picture did they realize what they had done.
3. Oh boy! I have been wanting to get my hands on one of these for a while and there’s no better time than now with the temps soaring here. I can’t wait to review and try the Camelbak Marathoner and Arc Grip but the other Arc Grip is for you! Stay tuned.
4. Travel has been a frequent event these days. My new job has me traveling the country, touring sites and meeting people. It’s fascinating work but it means I have to be a grown up a lot more than when I’m at home. This week it was a quick trip to Memphis. Next up…guess I better figure that out.
5. We have been loving our new gym. The babysitters love my kids so it’s easy to watch them go and play while we workout. I always pick them up before going back into the locker because they love to goof off in there, as you can see.
5 Weekend Plans:
Read more blogs. I need to catch up on my blog reading. Leave a link to your favorite post of the week in the comments!
Bike. I’m about two weeks away from spending an entire weekend on my bike and I’m not exactly ready. I might have to try cramming a couple rides in this weekend.
Cuddle. This is always on the agenda but the weekends are special times to watch movies in bed, tell stories and just be a family unit.
Reflect and Restore. I’ve been feeling a little lost, a little disconnected so I’m going to make a very real effort to spend sometime just flushing out all these wild emotions.
Celebrate. I’m looking forward to attending a party for a friend’s little boy’s first birthday. Anytime you get that many kids together, it’s bound to be chaos, I mean fun.
So virtual high five to you! What are you planning to do this weekend? What are you happy about from the week past?