Happy Friday Friends. The feeling of a Friday never gets old. You know the feeling. It’s excitement for what the weekend holds.. letting go of rigid schedules, shutting off the alarm clock, family naps, long runs and maybe an extra glass of wine. Pure heaven if you ask me!
I would be up for adopting a longer weekend. Who can make that happen? Oh well.
Friday also means high fives! So let’s celebrate the week we just finished! One of the biggest highlights of the week for me was rolling out the new look on the blog. I was going for cleaner, easier to read and hopefully more engaging! If you love it, hate it, recommend a change…let me know! I’m open to making changes.
Let’s recap some of my favorite pictures from Instagram this week. If we aren’t connected yet…what are you waiting for! Follow me here!
1 & 2 – E had his 4 year check up today and as he sat on the table, unaware that he was about to get four vaccines, I couldn’t help but remember what he looked like just a few short years ago sitting up there on that same table. It reminded me to savor every second I have with these munchkins. They won’t be munchkins forever.
3. In all the ways possible, this was about as normal of a week as we get. That meant we could go to swimming lessons Thursday night. It is so good to see E get more comfortable in the water. Ever since he had chronic ear infections as a baby, he has never liked the water. He’s finally getting there. I also got the chance to preview the December Runner’s World.
4. Workouts this week are all about variety. I have allowed myself to unlace my running shoes and work on strength, agility and flexibility, all the things I ignore during a training cycle. It helps that I’ve been supplementing with GNC GenetixHD Pro-scuplt again. I don’t supplement hardly ever but this stuff is awesome and I’m so glad to have a stash of it again. Thanks GNC!
5. A post-workout selfie is usually a must for my crew but E was hungry and Mini-E just wanted to play with the phone.
I also got to do some blog reading this week. Here are five of my favorites:
Five Friday Favorites
- Lean Green Bean Blog – Everything she does is awesome but it warms my heart to see her so happy as a mama. Her update on Baby Chase is full of so much love and joy…you can’t help but feel happiness for her! Check it out here
- Run Wiki – Celebrating Veteran’s Day this week, I said a little prayer and thanked my dad for serving but so many of you are married to a service man or woman and I can’t imagine but I’m grateful for the sacrifices you and your family endure. Lisa celebrated her military man’s retirement with a beautiful speech that is sure to warm your heart! Read her speech!
- Cotter Crunch – Lindsay hit the nail on the head with her post about reinventing yourself. I particularly loved the part about not chasing approval. The older I get, the more I come to terms with who I am and am happy just the way I am….no approval needed. Check out the other two ways.
- Blonde Ponytail – That feeling! Yes! Jesse is the perfect example of strength. She talks about being addicted to the feeling…read the post and you probably will agree. It’s the best! Read
- Pavement Runner – He’s crazy but I love him and kinda of jealous of his 3 halfs in 2 days! Amazing! You go Pavey! Read here
In case you missed it, last week I shared some Fit Holiday gift ideas from Kohls. Their clothes are awesome. We got to take some awesome pictures to highlight all the gear. Check it out and feel free to share!
Ohh..and thank you to everyone who participated in National Stroller Running Day! We celebrated and it was great! We’ve already started planning next year! HUGE THINGS COMING!
What are you looking forward to this weekend? Are you racing?