I didn’t use to do this but when we moved into this neighborhood, my sister and I started this tradition of making Neighbor Gifts for all of our amazing neighbors. In the past we’ve done cookies, we’ve done fudge and some other things but this year we wanted to go into a slightly different direction. So we went to Pinterest (you can see some of the other DIY projects we’ve done there) and found Spice Ornaments and fell in love with the idea of doing these for our DIY Neighbor Gifts.
Each ornament is filled with all the necessary spice to create a dip to enjoy at your holiday party. We chose the Dill Dip and the Bacon Ranch Dip because who doesn’t love bacon?
All they have to do is add some sour cream and enjoy! So we headed to the craft store to find glass ornaments and all the extra trimmings.
- First step was washing and drying the ornaments. This takes a lot of time because you have to let them airdry. I actually washed the day before we made the ornaments.
- Next..mix the spices for one dip for all the ornaments. You can see all the mix options here.
- Distribute the spices, this is where having two sets of hands comes in handy.
- Repeat with the second set of spices
- Make the gift tags and include instructions.
- Package & Deliver!
I might keep one just so I can take it to work! YUM!
Do you do Christmas gifts for you neighbors and teachers?
What are your favorite gifts?
You might be interested in the gifts we did last year! See them here.