It’s January 12th, almost halfway through the month. Are you still going strong with your intention to workout? We all have really good intentions early on but after a few tough workouts and some soreness, not to mention getting back into our daily routines, our motivation can go out the window.
But I want to encourage you to stick with it. I said it before in one of my IG posts but I want 2015 to your year but it’s not going to be easy you have to persevere! I want to help by giving you 5 ways to stick to your workout!
– Whether your running or going to the gym, find some friends. While I still haven’t actually met up with anyone to run yet, I have put some feelers out there and just need to commit to planning for it! I do have friends at the gym and while we don’t workout together, it’s nice to have that support system there. Did you know I met S at the gym? #JustSayin
Change it up
– You don’t have to do the exact same workout every time you go. If you go to the gym, focus on which muscle groups you want to work that day and find different moves to target those muscles. If you’re on a running plan, add some interval workouts(check out my Treadmill Tolerance post or my running page for some workout options).
– We’re all pretty good at rewarding ourselves after big goals (i.e. crossing the finish line of your first marathon) but the best way to have back to back successful weeks is to reward yourself for the little wins. Did you hit the gym 4 times this week? REWARD TIME! Did you run longer than you did yesterday REWARD TIME!
Make Smart Decisions All Day Long
– One of the biggest challenges we face is that the day can come crumbling down if you make bad decisions all day. Most of the time it’s our food choices that destroy our confidence but it can also be smoking or other factors. Make good decisions and you’ll build up confidence to stick to your workout!
Eat Like An Athlete
– If you plan to train like one, you have to eat like one. I’m not saying rid your diet of carbs but I am saying learn the difference between empty calories and ones that will fuel your body. Doing so will give you natural boost of energy to get you through your workout!
These are things that I practice every day. I promise I wouldn’t give you my recommendations if I know they didn’t work. So go out, conquer the world and your workout!