I don’t usually do this but because we have such a “normal” week this week, I’m excited to actually plan my workouts. No traveling…no business dinners…just a good week at home! That means I get to focus on making strides in my speed work and my strength and maybe even have a little fun!
Last week was crazy. After running Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona on Sunday (I still own you part 2 of the recap), I got to be home for all of 24 hours then it was time to pack up again for a business trip to Washington. It took all day Tuesday to get there…ugh. After reading all the Day In The Life posts Tuesday night, you all inspired me to get my a*# up and workout before my day started on Wednesday. I thought about all of you waking up and lacing up and that was enough to get me to roll out of bed. I was able to squeeze in a morning speed workout before having to get to the office.
So now it’s time to focus on what’s ahead. So here’s what I’m thinking for the weekly workouts.
Objectives: Work on speed and strength
– 6 mile run – At my natural cadence…most likely on my treadmill since we are juggling getting the rental house ready for occupants. I’m at home with the kids while scott is painting, and doing other handyman type things.
– Swim and Strength – Trip to the Y. Drop the kids off at the nursery do a brief strength circuit (15 Minutes) and then a swim workout. Then get the kids dressed for their own dip in the pool.
– 4 mile run – Intervals, intervals, intervals..after a mile warm-up, I’ll mix in 30 seconds of increased speeds for the next three miles then a nice cool down and stretch.
– 4 mile progressive run – after a mile warm-up, progressively increase the speed of every mile after that.
– home workout – circuit and pull ups.
– 3 mile fun run – just run. Nothing special…nothing complicated just getting it done.
– Targeting to do the Nippy Niner Trail Run. I haven’t registered yet but I really want to give it a go! I really want to get more involved in my local running community. This is just the first step in doing that!