Ok, I’ve had enough. I’m tired of feeling unmotivated. This weather is killing my desire to run even though I have a race next month (St. Patrick’s Day 5 Miler) and two half marathons in April (Go! STL and one that I’ll reveal soon). I have been loving the gym but even getting there has been a challenge and I’m ready to change that.
April, even though it’s a couple months away, is staring me in the face. I have no idea if I’ll get the final call for America Ninja Warrior but I have to assume, at this point, that I will so I can make that my focus. Think about it like we do our races, right now this is my “A” race the two April halfs are being classified as “B”.
So it’s time to train like a ninja which includes frequent trips to Kor Integrated Fitness and when I’m not, I’ll be taking advantage of Tabata workouts and agility based exercises. (Do you have a Tabata workout? Leave the link in the comments). It also means cleaning up my diet, increasing lean muscle mass and decreasing body fat in the event that I find myself shimming up a salmon ladder.
I’m still working on my comprehensive workout plan and I’ll post it as soon as it’s done but I’m also going to be leaning heavily on my bag of tricks and leaning on you all to help me with your workouts and inspiration! We’re a community and it takes a community to help each other succeed.
I’m also going to be using my Fitness Tool box full of old stand-by and new tricks to help. I thought I would share a few of the things that help me be successful.
1. Mizuno Running – You can’t go wrong with Mizuno, they aren’t just my running shoes, they are my go-to fitness shoes. The entire line-up supports, literally, everything I do.
2. Chocolate Milk – There’s no denying that I have a sweet tooth, so rather than deny it completely, why not put it to good use with the help of chocolate milk. Post-run it’s the perfect way to satisfy my craving and recover!
3. GNC Pro-sculpt – I fell in love with this product after MiniE was born and have been loving it ever since. It helps me get ready for a tough workout and then helps me maximize my efforts. Read my full review.
4. Organic Valley Organic Fuel – Tough workouts call for extra recovery help and Organic Valley’s Milk-based protein shakes hit the spot. No chalky taste or grittiness, these are a smooth as milk and just as yummy. I find them in the grocery store, super convenient and my husband loves them too so we’re always fighting over the last one. Find a shake today!
5. Skulpt Me – This is a new tool for me and I’m excited to see how it helps me stay focused on the things that matter to me right now, my BMI, Body Fat % and muscle composition. This new fitness tracker is BRAND NEW to the market and I can’t wait to see what it can do. I’ll give you a full review soon but in the meantime, check them out here.
Other things not shown but are definitely used HEAVILY, my home gym equipment, treadmill, ProCompression socks and Sparkly Soul.