Is anyone else freaking out that it’s JUNE?! The year is half over. HALF! I still feel like it was yesterday that we were enjoying a holiday on the beach or a weekend on the slopes. We have packed a lot into the year and we are looking forward to some fun family time coming up.
On the fitness side of life, it’s been a great year so far. I told you back in January about my “goals”. Yes they were vague but that didn’t stop me from pushing myself. I just know that life is more than likely going to get in the way just when I DON’T want it to. So I thought I would recap the first part of the year and get you excited for the rest of 2015.
Oh, before I run it down, did you set a new year’s resolution or goal? How are you doing with them?
Ok, so let’s see.
- 3 half marathons: Rock ‘n’ Roll Phoenix, Go! St. Louis, OC Half Marathon
- 2 5Ks: Rock ‘n’ Roll Phoenix and Go! St. Louis (placed second in my age group and PR’d)
- 1 Triathlon: Herrinfesta Sprint (placed first in my age group)
- Celebrated National Stroller Running Day
It doesn’t look like a ton on a list but I’m extremely happy with the way the year is going but it’s no where close to being over and I can actually put pen to paper and tell you what’s coming up. TONS! Ready? Let’s go!
- Go! St. Louis All American 5K (June 22nd) with Chipotle – Register
- AJC Peachtree 10K with Mizuno (July 4th)
- Kirkwood Triathlon (July)
- Idea BlogFest (July)
- Bike MS Century Ride (September)
- Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis (October) – Register and use code MOMSLRB for $15 off
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas (November)
Phew! I think that’s it. Seriously?! If that isn’t enough to make me want to get out and train, I don’t know what will. Oh wait, I do know. These unseasonably cool temps in STL have us outside all the time and it’s been fantastic.
Yes, you do see some triathlons on there. I’m super excited to get back into it. I have missed it. I am even liking the bike a little more.
So now it’s your turn.