Hello! How’s your week going? Mine is another “normal” week and by normal I mean CRAZY! I’ve just gotten home from three days in Chicago on a work trip attending an interior design conference. It was a new experience for me. It’s so funny how our lives take twists and turns. What do I mean? Well, look at my career path.
- Graduated in 2001 with a degree in Information Management Systems
- Took a temp job at a Real Estate Agency while I waited for my management consulting start date came around (never did)
- Referred to one of the major global financial institutions to work on their internet sites which turned into a 5 year full time job.
- Only to have the original management consulting company come back around.
- I spent the next five years traveling the country helping government and healthcare clients with IT solutions
- The need for a family and healthy marriage led me to a local company where I left IT and went into strategic operations
- After 5 years and three major acquisitions, I switched gears to corporate real estate managing strategic relationships and interior design.
If you would’ve told me back in 2001, that I would be doing real estate and interior design I would have laughed in your face. I’ll tell you though, I’m loving it. Yes, there are challenges. Yes, I’m traveling again but for me, it’s about perspective and I feel like the more opportunity there is to broaden that perspective, the better your ability to think.
It’s completely off topic but I’m telling this to remind you that:
some of the best decisions are often the toughest and that you have to trust your gut
I’m back out on the road tomorrow for three days on the east coast. Come Friday, I’ll be home for an entire week! Then it’s back to traveling again on and off through Blogfest in mid July.
As I’m out and about, you can follow me on Instagram and Periscope.
I’ll be back later in the week.
Happy Hump Day!