We made it through Christmas! If you’re a parent like me, you’re breathing a big sigh of relief. We had a great Christmas. It’s really amazing how much joy you can get from giving. We did a lot of it this Christmas season and I want to do more but before I do, I think it’s time we shift gears a little. It’s time to start focusing on us again. It’s time to get healthy and a healthy home starts with a healthy kitchen.
It’s time to start getting rid of all that junk food in your house (I’m not judging. I have it too) and start thinking about a healthy 2016. Don’t worry, I’m not just going to leave it there and not offer any help. Kohl’s and I want to help you create a year of healthy eating choices by adding some tools to your arsenal. Did you know they have a HUGE selection of healthy home-type products? I saw a lot of them during the Christmas season and they asked me to go back and select a few of my favorites.
I walked the isles trying to decide which ones I really liked. I also looked online because they have a TON of products that aren’t in the store (like juicers, and super awesome blenders). In my local Kohl’s I was able to do some real damage on the gift card they got me.
Top 5 Healthy Kitchen Tools
- George Foreman Grill – I know, this seems like a college thing but in the winter when you don’t want to brave the cold to grill, this is a real life saver.
- Shaker Cups – We use these for EVERYTHING. I use them to make my post workout shakes, kids use them to drink from because mommy and daddy use them, we can’t have too many of these.
- Apple Slicer and Grape Slicer – The grape slicer is behind the spatulas and I know it seems very specific but we eat a LOT of apples and grapes and the little mouths I’m feeding them too like them cut into bite size pieces.
- Cookbooks and Healthy Blogger Friends – I need ideas. I hate that I find myself cooking the same thing every week. I loved the idea of the Dump Meals cookbook because Crockpots are a big part of my winter menu and this book had three recipes I could flag without leaving the store! Winning!
- The Ninja – I was so excited to see this blender in the store! My husband is a big smoothie maker and I’m definitely getting into it more because I’m finding that I can sneak in some greens and my kids will drink them as illustrated in the following ADORABLE pictures. This mixture is (a regular greek yogurt, a strawberry greek yogurt, half a banana and a huge handful of spinach). Serve in a frosty mug and they are sure to gobble it up!
So my question for you now is what are your favorite healthy kitchen tools? What product or products are you most interested in from this list? The reason I ask is because Kohl’s wants you to be able to get your hands on some of these. They have given me a $100 gift card to give away. SO, let’s get to it shall we?!
This post was sponsored by Kohl’s but all opinions are my own.