Do you ever look back and think about what got you blogging? Were there any early signs that you might resort to sharing your world with perfect strangers…many of which become friends? Well, if you ask my mom if she’s surprised I’m a blogger she would say no. So I compiled a list of the ways I should’ve been tipped off to my future hobby.
- I was a middle child (for the first 1o years of my life). I think I have a lot of classic middle child qualities.
- I enjoyed writing letters. Anytime we were asked to write letters to soldiers overseas I quickly volunteered. In fact, one of the soldiers came and visited me when he came home.
- I wrote letters to companies. Dorky I know but I would send them recommendations, opinions, you name it.
- I have always loved getting packages. Still to this day, anytime I come home to a box, I get excited.
- I kept a diary. I even shared a page of it with you here but I started keeping one in fifth grade and kept it up on and off through high school (and I still have them all)
- I was raised by the biggest talker there is. My Dad could talk to anyone and I picked up that trait. I’m about as extroverted as you get. If you ever see me, stop me. I’ll talk! 😉
- I was a team player. I grew up on teams. Volleyball, softball, and every other sport I could play but it was all team-centric so of course I would seek out a way to make an individual sport a team event. This running community rocks.
- I love experiences. I love traveling and the blog has given me many opportunities to see new places.
- I have a degree in computer science. I use to work in technology and so when I left that field, I had to backfill it with someway of staying connected.
- I just love engaging!
So now it’s your turn to look back into your past and tell me…what led to you blogging?