This is a paid partnership with Xplora but all opinions are my own.
Picture it…your 10 year old is begging for a phone. He argues that he needs a way to get a hold of you when he’s out without you. He argues that it’s safer because you can always know where he is.
Damn these kids, they know the way to a parents heart is safety and communication. 🙂 What these kids don’t know is that there’s another way. You don’t have to introduce a phone yet. Quite frankly, my child, is not ready for all that but I am ready to give him a way to communicate.
That’s where the Xplora X5 watch comes in!
New to the US, the Xplora X5 Features Include:
- Lets me stay connected to Ian while maintaining total control of what he can do and who he can talk to.
- I can set the watch to shut off all cellular features during school hours!
- It also has GPS features that will keep him safe and give me piece of mind
- I wouldn’t say this is an issue for Ian but if your child needs a little extra motivation to move, the active features will help gamify movement!
- They can call, text and take pictures with it’s 2 megapixel camera!
Before we gifted it, I activated the watch. I used a US Mobile prepaid plan and think I am paying about $8.50 a month for his coverage. I looked around and this was the easiest way without buying into a huge plan. You purchase the micro-sim card ($6.00) and then activate it on the website. It was pretty easy and it’s working great!
When we did gift it to him on his birthday I have to tell you, his eyes lit up! He loves the little bit of freedom that comes with it. I love the control that comes with it and love having a safe way to teach him about using technology responsibly.
The Xplora X5 is available on Amazon and right now has a coupon to apply!
Do your kids have phones yet? How old are they?